Monday, June 07, 2004

Why is it that I find myself interested in these human guinea pigs every year? Even more frightening however is the prospect that a few more weeks into this Orwellian nightmare I might begin to like one or more of the players and start sympathising with them. Will they all find out that Nadia's a transsexual? Will Stuart and Michelle have sex? Who cares? Sadly-me, I am a geek, but you already knew that. So on that note some anti Big Brother style music by a political five-piece from Bristol,UK. Big Joan have been described as Gang of Four meets the Slits at a DJ Hype gig which I think goes some way to describing this track Removed, but I also think they have potential to be a female fronted Les Savy Fav which is a good thing. You can buy the single "Tiger" and their album here and you can also read a very enthusiastic review here


Nylon Pylon are from Manchester they released this single Removed in February of 2003, but little has been heard of them since. Their official site no longer works and I can find no news of recent activity. The single was remixed by Playgroup and Jon Carter, the Playgroup version being the better of the two. Back last year Nylon Pylon were dubbed 'next best thing' by many in the know around Manchester but it just never seemed to kick off. They link to another sadly overlooked band from the city through underrated One Lady Owner who were at on time signed to creation records. Chesy of My Computer (whose website is also down but you can visit their label 13amp), and Bo of Nylon Pylon used to be in One Lady Owner. All of these bands are worth seeking out and I may post some here at a later date. You can purchase this Nylon Pylon single with the remixes here

Hope its not too confusing that the tracks in the text.






2 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 at 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Z*. I know a good adult site with foot fetish pictures,
movies and much more free stuff related to stockings.

 
At December 2, 2007 at 10:45 PM, Blogger runcible goose said...

I appreciate all the above comments, and would also like to mention my invisible sausage retail business. I sell imaginary meat products to the general public. Stop by some time for a Cartesian pork pie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home