Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Tough when you're out of the loop



Ouch it hurts, I had to take a break from posting because I got so hectic and lots of things came at me at once, including some sun and then once I'd stopped I felt a bit lost and now...it's hard I feel like I've just fallen out of the loop (my own one that is) but it's ok I'll get on that again like Vinnie the hamster. I promise myself (and anyone else that might still be checking) that I will be a better blogger dammit. I haven't even had time to check in on my favourite Mp3 blogs to see what everyone else is doing.

Something I do know is that Dizzee Rascal's new album 'Showtime' is going to be massive, honestly HUGE. So good.

Bettye Swann-Don't Touch Me

Why are there no voices like this in pop music anymore, you know, the kind that drip with soul. I mean there are some that attempt it but it's just not the same. Bettye Swann released this in 1968 and had some fame in 1965 with a song called 'Make Me Yours' which was her biggest hit. However like so many other great singers of this ilk she was largely overlooked. In the 70's she moved towards country soul and recorded a cover of Tammy Wynette's 'Till I Get It Right' and she still sounded damn good. I just wish that there was someone out there making music with these kind of voices again, and they could fit them into the modern music mainstream without making it really cheesy a la Diana Ross. UK record label Honest Jons is releasing an anthology of her stuff and you can pre-order it here.


The Cast of Kal Ho Naa Ho-Pretty Woman

This may be both the best and the worst thing I have ever heard. The best because it's just bizarre and yeah the worst because it just so bizarre. This is from the Bollywood movie Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) which roughly translates as 'Tomorrow may never come'. There is a bit in the middle with a man doing a crazed kind of rap and then he says in possibly the most terrifying 'I am a stalker' voice "I'm Crrrrazzy about you pretty woman". Okay, it's the very worst.


Ahhh that feels better now that I've finally got something out I feel like a nun that just broke her vow of silence, sort of. Now where did I put that habit....

Back tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At August 19, 2004 at 9:06 AM, Blogger Loki said...

welcome back...

that's it.

whaddya expect; flowers?

 
At March 29, 2007 at 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best car insurance ROVER
new york car insurance

budget car insurance MITSUBISHI
cheap car insurance for new driver

car insurance com MITSUBISHI
nj car insurance quote

car insurance company uk LOTUS

 
At August 18, 2007 at 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

 
At August 19, 2007 at 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At September 10, 2007 at 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home