Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I Know I've missed some out but we'll come back to them I promise...Sweden

Looptroop-The Struggle Continues

I bumped into Hives lead singer Pele today in a supermarket, they're over here doing some promo for the new stuff, a very nice gentleman he was too. It just so happens that Looptroop are label mates of the Hives, both are on Burning Heart in Sweden. I first heard of Looptroop around 98-99 and picked up a couple of 12"s they put out which I thoroughly enjoyed. I didn't pick up on the fact they were Swedish for quite a while though, heir Swedish-American drawl could completely fool some but if you know you can pick it out. Anyway I went to see them around 2000 when I was studying, the place was empty, I guess no-one really knew who they were, my friend and I got blind drunk and took over the dance floor. From what I remember they were great, the whole thing was great-I'm pretty sure it wasn't just the alcohol. However, I also did something pretty embarrassing, Looptroop, you see look like this, the guy with the dreads and long beard is called Promoe and I think I pissed him right off by yanking at his beard hard a couple of times-the thing is I was so drunk I thought it was fake, so that is why I probably won't go and see Looptroop again. You should, just don't tug on any beards. I really like Looptroop's attitude they've been going for a good few years now and have gained a following touring the world, you get the impression these guys work hard and they've got 'in it for the music' written all over them. You can buy the album this is taken from here. Promoe has also released solo stuff pick it up at Wu-Tal.


Holland

ADHD ft Spike-Beng Je Hoofd

More European Hip-hop this time in the mother tongue, but with this track it's all about the beats. The title translates as 'Bang Your Head' and you probably will be, it's based around heavy guitar riffs that make you almost want to stomp your feet as yell as banging your head though I'd imagine you'd look pretty silly. When I was looking for info on the guy/band I came across this totally unrelated to the guys that did this but it is interesting and involves hip hop. I don't really know much else about them other than this song appears to be available as a polyphonic ring tone just about everywhere in Europe. And no, I'm not counting that as a plus point.


Russia

Leningrad-Crucified

Notorious Russians are two words that just sound so right together. Anyway this lot are notorious in Russia at least for outraging people with their lyrics, which unless you speak Russian are lost. But the lead singer is like an even more crazed Tom Waits, growling and gurning at the same time. I really like bizarre music like this mainly because I don't understand it so it maintains its mystery. You can buy the album For Millions.




England


The Long Blondes-Long Blonde

Elastica meets Franz Ferdinand? yeah maybe. The Long Blondes are another band out of the Angular Records camp, whose compilation is out now-buy it!. They are pretty catchy and sneaking up on the music scene poised to take it by storm-hopefully.


Before I go I must mention the lovely and wonderful people at Heavy who have been sprinkling their Sumosonic compilation magic all over the place including me. I'm sure you've heard about it on other blogs by now, but here's a little reminder, join up and receive one every month. They really are well thought out comps including tracks from Hot Chip, Bloc Party, Sixtoo and a multitude of other great acts every month. Sometimes they even include a DVD, you want more? You're sick.


Right I've got to get some sleep off to Glastonbury tomorrow, back next week. To anyone going please help me pray it doesn't turn into a mud bath.


14 Comments:

At October 10, 2005 at 7:35 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Hello and thanks for the information about buy dvd vhs. I have a similar interest in buy dvd vhs and thought you might like to take a look sometime. Thanks again for the buy dvd vhs information.

 
At October 23, 2005 at 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a dotties weight loss site. It pretty much covers dotties weight loss related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

 
At October 23, 2005 at 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

affordable supplement is a great resource for this type of thing affordable supplement

 
At November 4, 2005 at 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Z*,

Hi, my name is hoe bing and I am on a search for the latest information on ADHD.

Initially I was surfing websites to find information on teenager with adhd but I found a whole heap of pure commercial content that led me nowhere.

It was such a relief to come by your blog and find some useful information. Thank you!

Personally I am working on a holistic approach to adhd and would value your input greatly.

I have a blog and also a subscriber following who would definitely benefit from your insights on adhd.

If you could take a moment to visit adhdpodcaster and make a comment, it would be very much appreciated.

P.S Would you be interested in joint venturing and researching adhd solutions?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

 
At November 5, 2005 at 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z*,

Thank you very much for this post, it was an informative post, very useful.

I'm currently researching information for adhd in children, would that be a topic that you are familiar with?

If you could help point me to the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

 
At November 7, 2005 at 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Z*,

Your this post post caught my attention while I was doing some research on adhd in kids.

I am currently in the process of creating a holistic treatment program for adhd. The idea is to integrate various treatment modalities so that anyone can benefit.

Would you care to share some of the secrets that you have gleaned from adhd.

My subscribers would certainly appreciate any insight that you have to offer.

Thank you for your post, it was a good read.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

 
At November 9, 2005 at 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z*,

Love the fun blog, came across it while having a break. Ta.

 
At November 11, 2005 at 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z*,

Sounds great.

 
At November 18, 2005 at 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Z*,

Hi, my name is hoe bing and I am on a search for the latest information on ADHD.

Initially I was surfing websites to find information on adhd in kids but I found a whole heap of pure commercial content that led me nowhere.

It was such a relief to come by your blog and find some useful information. Thank you!

Personally I am working on a holistic approach to adhd and would value your input greatly.

I have a blog and also a subscriber following who would definitely benefit from your insights on adhd.

If you could take a moment to visit adhdpodcaster and make a comment, it would be very much appreciated.

P.S Would you be interested in joint venturing and researching adhd solutions?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

 
At November 20, 2005 at 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z*,

Love the fun blog, came across it while having a break. Ta.

 
At November 22, 2005 at 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Z*,

Thank you for your informative blog, it is good to see that people are still sharing their knowledge and experience.

I am currently working on finding the latest information on adhd in children when I came across your site. My passion is in the area of adhd in children and after finding your blog, I believe we have a real synergy and that my subsrcibers would benefit from your perspective on the topic.

I would very much appreciate it if you would take the time to have a look at my adhdpodcaster blog. If you think that we do have a common goal (which I think we do), then please feel free to post any relevant information to the blog.

Whatever area that ties into adhd would be fine, even if it is with relation to personal development (especially time management), you know how notoriously hard it is to keep track of time especially for us :)

Anyways, really looking forward to your post.

Thank you for the blog, keep up the good work

 
At November 26, 2005 at 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Z*,

After much heavy reading your blog provided just the right amount of fun. Thank you :)

 
At January 19, 2006 at 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you interested in workplace wellness? I have been searching for workplace wellness information and chance upon your blog. Good stuff you have. Hope my search for workplace wellness is useful to you.

 
At February 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was searching on eBooks for a good book to help me get through my diet. In the end I googled it and found this site http://www.hungryforweightloss.com.

They are giving away a free ebook called "365 tips for healthy living". I didn't expect it to be any good because it's free but it's actually brilliant so I thought i'd share it here :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home